Current information regarding your cruises
Updated: 20 September 2022
For us, the security and the well-being of all our guests and crew members are always a top priority. In order to ensure that in the best possible way we have developed a comprehensive health and safety concept, established in cooperation with the representatives of European shipping companies, namely IG River Cruise and the European Inland Navigation Union (EBU) and based on the legal regulations of the individual countries visited. To ensure maximum safety on all our AMADEUS vessels, these measures need to be respected by us, as the cruise line, and by you, as our guests and passengers.
According to the current AMADEUS health and safety concept, AMADEUS welcomes all passengers who are either fully vaccinated against COVID-19 OR who have recently recovered from COVID-19:
- Vaccine Requirements: Passengers with an EMA/European Medicines Agency approved vaccine are required to have a 3rd shot (booster) if the second shot was more than 9 months ago. If you have at least one booster vaccination in addition to your basic immunization, you will meet our current travel requirements, regardless of the date of the booster vaccination.
- Recovered from COVID-19: Passengers who have an at least 11 day, max. 180 days old positive PCR-RT test meet our current travel requirement.
All guests must present the completed ”Mandatory Health Declaration Form” when checking in on board. Exceptions are not possible. Please note that the measures are subject to change and restrictions might be eased. We ask you to check with your travel agent before starting your trip.
- The cruise line reserves the right to exclude passengers who repeatedly violate the provisions of this hygiene and health concept from further participation in the cruise.
- During the cruise, passengers will regularly be asked about their health and wellbeing and guests’
temperatures can be checked on a case-by-case basis.
In your travel documents you will find all important information about your upcoming river cruise. Please fill out the mandatory health declaration form in the morning of the day of arrival and bring it filled out to the embarkation on board.
- Mandatory Health Declaration Form for cruises on Danube, Main, Rhine, Rhône, Saône and Seine as well as Dutch & Belgian waterways
- Access to the cruise ship will be controlled by a crew member. Passengers must present the completed “Mandatory Health Declaration Form“ before check-in.
- Non-essential visitors are currently not permitted on board.
- All passengers and crew will be required to disinfect their hands each time prior to boarding the ship.
- It is recommended to wear face masks when moving through interior spaces on the ship and while using public transportation on shore.
- Our crew has implemented enhanced cleaning and disinfecting measures throughout the ship. Sufficient hand sanitizing points are available in all highly frequented areas of the ship.
- Seating will be assigned by the restaurant manager to ensure appropriate seating arrangements.
- Should a passenger display symptoms, a contingency plan specifically developed by the Fleet Health Officer of the AMADEUS cruise line will be implemented.
- All shore excursions are organized in accordance with the respective local rules and regulations. Changes are taken into account on a daily basis and implemented on board.
- For all booked excursions guests will receive a wireless, personal portable commentary systems that will allow guests to hear guides while social distancing.
- Pre-boarding medical test, in-depth health, safety training and social distancing are required for all crew members. All of our crew have also been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- All our crew have participated in in-depth training on enhanced operating protocols led by our experienced corporate Fleet Health Officer in consultation with international and national health authorities.