For your information
Dear customer of Lueftner Cruises,
the combination of travel services that we offered you is a package holiday as defined by EU Directive 2015/2302.
Therefore, you can claim all EU rights that apply to package holidays. Dr. W. Lueftner Reisen GmbH bears full responsibility for the proper execution of the entire package holiday.
In addition, Dr. W. Lueftner Reisen GmbH has the legal protection required for the refunding of your payments and, if transport is included in the package holiday, to ensure your repatriation in the case of insolvency.
Your rights according to EU Directive 2015/2302
- You, as the person planning to travel, will receive all essential information about the package holiday before the conclusion of the package travel contract (Article 250 § 3 EGBGB (Introductory Act to the Civil Code). Please refer to the itinerary that will be shown during your online booking or in the current catalogue.
- At least one trader is always liable for the proper provision of all travel services included in the contract.
- You, as the traveller, will receive an emergency telephone number or contact details allowing you to contact your tour operator or travel agent. You will receive this information along with your travel documents.
- You, as the traveller, may transfer the package holiday to another person within an appropriate period of time and, possibly, at additional cost.
- The tour operator refrains from increasing the price. In the adverse case, the right of the tour operator to increase the price would entitle you, as the traveller, to an assessment of whether you an entitled to a price reduction.
- You, as the traveller, can withdraw from the contract without payment of a cancellation fee and receive a full refund of all payments if any of the essential elements of the package holiday are changed. If the trader responsible for the package holiday cancels the package before the start of the package holiday, you are entitled to reimbursement and possibly compensation.
- You, as the traveller, may withdraw from the contract in the event of exceptional circumstances prior to the start of the package holiday without paying a cancellation fee, for example if there are serious safety issues at the destination that are likely to affect the package holiday.
- In addition, you, as the traveller, can withdraw from the contract at any time prior to the start of the package holiday by paying a reasonable and justifiable cancellation fee.
- If, after the start of the package holiday, essential elements of the package holiday cannot be offered in accordance with the agreement, you, as the traveller, must be provided with alternative appropriate arrangements at no extra cost. You, as the traveller, may withdraw from the contract without payment of a cancellation fee if services are not provided in accordance with the contract and if this has a significant impact on the provision of the contractual package holiday services and the tour operator fails to remedy the situation.
- You, as the traveller, are entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation if the travel services are not provided or not provided properly.
- The tour operator assists you, as the traveller, when you get into difficulty.
- In the event of the tour operator's insolvency or, in some Member States, the travel agent, payments will be reimbursed. If the insolvency occurs after the start of the package and if the package is part of the package, your return to your place of departure will be guaranteed.
You can find EU Directive 2015/2302, in the form of national law, on the following website:
Dr. W. Lüftner Reisen GmbH is listed in the tour operator register of the Austrian Ministry for Economics, Family and Youth under number 2004/0052. In accordance with the Austrian Travel Agency Decree for Tour Operators (RSV), customer money is secured by a bank guarantee.